How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through Livox Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Livox Products and Services and operating our business, including the following:
• We use the information that we collect through Livox Products and Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Livox Products and Services, to verify and manage Livox user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to by Livox.
• We use the information that we collect through XXX Products and Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Livox Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• We may use your information to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing (where you have consented) purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We will ask for your consent to send you marketing communications. You may withdraw your consent at any time and we will no longer send you marketing communications.
• We may use information we collect to: (i) personalize Livox Products and Services; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information (where you have consented); (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Livox Products and Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) review your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities involving Livox Products and Services (where you have consented).
Why We Are Entitled To Use Your Information
We are entitled to use your information in these ways because:
• we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
• we may need to in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings; or
• the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or the legitimate interests of one or more of our affiliates).
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through Livox Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• We may share your information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally in order to provide you with Livox product and services.
• Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using Livox Products and Services, or that you elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
• We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, hosting, maintenance, account verification, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
• We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Livox Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Livox Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
• Livox uses a third party verification service provider to verify certain users of Livox Products and Services and Livox may disclose information to this service provider. The service provider may retain credential information provided as part of account verification for compliance and other purposes and may provide such information, as well as your user login ID or email address, to government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other duly authorized parties as may be required by or permitted under applicable laws. We require this service provider by contract to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
• Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through Livox Products and Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of Livox Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of XXX Products and Services.
When We May Transfers Your Information Outside The European Economic Area
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for our affiliates or for one of our suppliers.
Where we transfer your information outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your information will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in a number of ways, for instance:
• the country that we send the information to might be approved by the European Commission;
• the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your information; or
• where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal data is compliant with data protection law.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your information when it is transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the “Our Contact Information” section below.